Skip to content
- Yamazumi K. (2017) Engaging children in reading activity through collaboration in a Japanese elementary school: An activity-theoretical case study. In C. Ng, & B. Bartlett (Eds.), Improving reading and reading engagement in the 21st century: International research and innovation (pp. 205-229). Singapore: Springer.
- Yamazumi K. (2016) Quality assurance in teacher education: Implications for promoting student learning. In C. Ng, R. Fox, & M. Nakano (Eds.), Reforming learning and teaching in Asia-Pacific universities: Influences of globalised processes in Japan, Hong Kong and Australia (pp. 381-401). Singapore: Springer.
- Yamazumi, K. (2013). Beyond traditional school learning: Fostering agency and collective creativity in hybrid educational activities. In A. Sannino, & V. Ellis (Eds.), Learning and collective creativity: Activity-theoretical and sociocultural studies (pp. 61-76). New York: Routledge.
- Yamazumi, K. (Ed.) (2010a). Activity theory and fostering learning: Developmental interventions in education and work (pp. 133-160). Suita, Osaka: Center for Human Activity Theory, Kansai University.
- Yamazumi, K. (2010b). Schools that contribute to community revitalization. In K. Yamazumi (Ed.), Activity theory and fostering learning: Developmental interventions in education and work (pp. 133-160). Suita, Osaka: Center for Human Activity Theory, Kansai University.
- Yamazumi, K. (2010c). Toward an expansion of science education through real-life activities in Japan. In Y.-J. Lee (Ed.), The world of science education: Handbook of research in Asia (pp. 187-202). Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
- Yamazumi, K. (2009). Expansive agency in multi-activity collaboration. In A. Sannino, H. Daniels & K. Gutiérrez (Eds.), Learning and expanding with activity theory (pp. 212-227). New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Yamazumi, K. (2009). Not from the inside alone but by hybrid forms of activity: Toward an expansion of school learning. Actio: An International Journal of Human Activity Theory, 2, pp. 35-55.
- Yamazumi, K. (2008). A hybrid activity system as educational innovation. Journal of Educational Change, 9(4), pp. 365-373.
- Yamazumi, K. (2007). Human agency and educational research: A new problem in activity theory. Actio: An International Journal of Human Activity Theory, 1, pp. 19-39.
- Yamazumi, K. (2006). Activity theory and the transformation of pedagogic practice. Educational Studies in Japan: International Yearbook of Japanese Educational Research Association, 1, pp. 77-90.
- Yamazumi, K., Engeström, Y., & Daniels, H. (Eds.) (2005). New learning challenges: Going beyond the industrial age system of school and work. Suita, Osaka: Kansai University Press.
- Yamazumi, K. (2001). Orchestrating voices and crossing boundaries in educational practice: Dialogic research on learning about the Kobe Earthquake. In M. Hedegaard (Ed.), Learning in classrooms: A cultural-historical approach (pp. 97-120). Aarhus: Aarhus University Press.